Please enter a search term.

Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Foreign financial investment intermediaries and financial investment advisors Advertisement

As a financial investment broker and advisor, you need a permit in Germany. If you only wish to be self-employed as a financial investment intermediary on a temporary basis, it is sufficient to notify the competent authority in writing in advance. However, this only applies to EU or EEA citizens.

Process flow

The granting of the licence is automatically entered in the register of intermediaries. After you have received the permit, you must register your business before starting your activity.


  • You are a citizen of a member state of the EU or a state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area
  • You have a legal establishment for the purpose of carrying out the activity of financial investment intermediaries in one of these countries

Which documents are required?

  • Proof of nationality (e.g. by identity card or passport)
  • Proof of legal establishment for the purpose of exercising financial investment brokerage activities in a member state of the EU or a state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area
  • Proof that the exercise of these activities is not prohibited, even temporarily
  • Proof that there is no criminal record
  • documents from the State of establishment attesting to personal reliability for the purpose of exercising the business of financial investment intermediation,
  • Proof of your professional qualification, if the activity of the financial investment intermediary trade is also linked to the possession of certain professional qualifications in the country of establishment,
  • otherwise, proof that you have worked as a financial investment broker in the State of establishment for at least two years in the previous ten years,
  • Proof of insurance coverage or any other type of individual or collective protection in relation to professional liability.

If you are a trader from an EU member state or an EEA member state, you can use documents from your country of origin that prove that you meet the requirements for the reliability and orderly financial circumstances of a trader.

What are the fees?

Fees apply. These are based on the tariff of fees of the competent authority and are determined by it. Please contact the competent authority.

What else should I know?

The permit is valid throughout Germany. It can be limited to one or more categories. Under certain conditions, the competent authority may revoke a permit.

Technically approved by

no professional release

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Linie6PLus)