Advertisements for foreign financial investment intermediaries
As a financial investment broker and advisor, you need a licence in Germany. If you only wish to be self-employed as a financial investment broker on a temporary basis, it is sufficient to notify the competent authority in writing in advance. However, this only applies to EU or EEA citizens.
The granting of the licence is automatically entered in the register of intermediaries. After you have received the permit, you must register your business before starting your business.
- You are a citizen of a member state of the EU or a state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area
- You maintain a lawful establishment for the purpose of exercising the activity of financial investment broker in one of these States
Which documents are required?
- Proof of citizenship (e.g. identity card or passport)
- Proof of lawful establishment for the purpose of exercising the activity of financial investment broker in a member state of the EU or a state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area
- Proof that the exercise of these activities is not prohibited, even temporarily,
- Proof that there is no criminal record
- documents from the country of establishment proving personal reliability to carry out the business of financial investment intermediary,
- proof of your professional qualification, if the activity of the financial investment brokerage business is also linked to the possession of certain professional qualifications in the country of establishment,
- otherwise, proof that you have worked as a financial investment broker in the country of establishment for at least two years in the previous ten years,
- Proof of insurance coverage or any other type of individual or collective protection in relation to professional indemnity.
If you are a trader from a member state of the EU or an EEA member state, you can use documents from your country of origin that prove that you meet the requirements for reliability and the orderly financial circumstances of a trader.
What are the fees?
Fees apply. These are based on the fee schedule of the competent authority and are determined by it. Please contact the competent authority.
What else should I know?
The permit is valid throughout Germany. It can be limited to one or more categories. Under certain conditions, the competent authority may revoke a permit.
Technically approved by
no professional approval