Exemptions for the auctioning of perishable goods Admission at trade fairs, exhibitions and wholesale markets
The competent authority may allow exceptions for the auction of perishable goods at trade fairs, exhibitions and wholesale markets within the meaning of § 64 to 66 of the Industrial Code (GewO), in particular from the permit requirement for the auctioneer's trade .
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the district, the district-free city, the large independent city and the independent municipality.
This procedure can also be handled by a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.
Which documents are required?
- tax clearance certificate from the tax office
- Information from the Central Trade Register
- Certificate of good conduct for submission to authorities
- Information on entries pursuant to Section 26 (2) of the Insolvency Code (InsO) and Section 882b of the Code of Civil Procedure (ZPO) in the list of debtors of the competent local court
- possibly tax clearance certificate from the responsible tax office
In the case of traders from another EU member state or an EEA member state, documents issued in the home country may be used to prove that the requirements for the good repute and orderly financial circumstances of the trader are met.
The competent authority may request further documents.
What are the fees?
Fees are charged in accordance with Annex 1 to § 1 paragraph 1 of the General Fee Schedule of the State of Lower Saxony (AllGO) in accordance with No. 40.1.14 and No. 18.104.22.168.
Fee: 120,00 EURPayment in advance: Yes
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
An application deadline is not specified by law. However, it is advisable to submit your application in good time (4 to 6 weeks before the start of the event).
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport