Deposit realisation period in the pawnshop industry Extension
Upon application to the competent authority, the period for the realisation of the pledge may be extended if there is good reason.
The period shall be extended for as long as the important reason is likely to exist. In the event of prevention by a judicial or official measure, the period shall be extended until the realisation of other seizers following the lifting of the measure.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the district, the district-free city, the large independent city and the independent municipality.
This procedure can also be handled through a "point of single contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.
- Is it for good cause? An important reason exists if
- there is a conflict of obligations of the pawnbroker under the Pfandleiher Ordinance (PfandlV) and other legal provisions.
- a postponement of the realisation is in the interest of the pledger, in particular if (e..B. for seasonal reasons) a more favourable result can be achieved for the pledger in the event of a later realisation despite the interest and costs still incurred.
- there is a dispute pending concerning the ownership of the pledge or the origin of the lien.
Which documents are required?
- If applicable , identity card or passport
- Pawnshop permit at the request of the competent authority
- if applicable, documents documenting the important reason
What are the fees?
The amount of the fees is - in accordance with Annex 1 to § 1 paragraph 1 General Fee Schedule of the State of Lower Saxony No.40.2 - depending on the time required. However, a maximum of EUR 68.00 will be charged.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport