Other games with the possibility of winning Permission in the travel industry
Anyone wishing to organise other games with the possibility of winning in the travel industry (e.g. games of skill) on a commercial basis requires a permit from the competent authority. Permission must be applied for.
A game of skill exists when the player can determine the outcome of the game with a high degree of probability through skill or his own knowledge according to the game setup and the rules of the game. In contrast, in gambling , the decision about winning and losing is predominantly determined by chance.
The permission does not generally entitle the holder to organize competitions, but always refers only to a specific game. It is tied to the person and to the venue. In the case of partnerships, each managing partner requires his or her own permit.
The permit may be granted for a limited period of time or subject to conditions if it is necessary for the protection of the general public, guests, residents of the company property or neighbouring properties or in the interest of the protection of minors. Subsequent inclusion, amendment and addition of conditions is also permissible.
There are also games with the possibility of winning, for which there is no permission (usually with goods winnings worth a maximum of 60.00 euros).
For gaming machines or merchandise gaming machines, a permit for gaming machines with the possibility of winning is required.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the municipality, the joint municipality and the city in which the game is to be held.
This procedure can also be handled by a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.
- natural or legal person
- Possession of a clearance certificate from the State Office of Criminal Investigation or an imprint thereof
- the reliability required for the organisation of games with the possibility of winning - both of the person operating the game and of the trader in whose establishment the game is to be organised
- Anyone who has been convicted of a crime, theft, embezzlement, extortion, receiving stolen goods, fraud, embezzlement, unauthorized organization of a game of chance, participation in unauthorized gambling or for a misdemeanor according to § 12 of the Youth Protection Act (JuSchG) in the last 3 years before filing the application does not have the necessary reliability.
Requirements for games with money winnings
- The game must be hosted in an arcade or similar business.
- A maximum of three such games may be held there.
Requirements for games with a winning commodity
The game must:
- at folk festivals, shooting festivals or similar events,
- Fairs or special markets, or
- in restaurants or accommodation establishments (except those frequented mainly by children and adolescents)
can be organized. A maximum of 3 such games may be held in restaurants.
Which documents are required?
- If applicable, identity card or passport
- Itinerant trade card
- Certificate of non-objection from the State Office of Criminal Investigation
The competent authority may request further documents.
What are the fees?
Fees are charged in accordance with Annex 1 to § 1 paragraph 1 of the General Fee Schedule of the State of Lower Saxony (AllGO) in accordance with No. 188.8.131.52.
Fee: 0,00 - 530,00 EURPayment in advance: NoFee is calculated according to time spent
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport