Cross-border provision of services Notification in the security industry
All activities in the security industry (e.g. property or personal protection) require a special permit for thesecurity industry.
If the requirements are met, only a prior, written notification is required.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the district, the district-free city, the large independent city and the independent municipality.
This procedure can also be handled by a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.
- The applicant is a citizen of a member state of the European Union or a state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area.
- In Germany, the business is only carried out temporarily and occasionally.
- The applicant is legally established in the country of origin for the purpose of exercising the trade.
Which documents are required?
- Proof of insurance cover or other type of individual or collective protection in relation to professional liability, provided that such coverage is also required by nationals for the activity in question
What are the fees?
Fees are charged in accordance with Annex 1 to § 1 paragraph 1 of the General Fee Schedule of the State of Lower Saxony (AllGO) in accordance with No. 40.1.12.
Fee: 2500,00 EURPayment in advance: Yes
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
The activity may be commenced immediately after notification if the other requirements according to § 13a paragraph 1 of the Industrial Code (GewO) are met and the verification of the professional qualification is not required. This is stated in the acknowledgment of receipt by the competent authority.
The notification must be repeated informally every 12 months, as long as the further provision of the activity is intended.
What else should I know?
If, in the meantime, there is a significant change in circumstances relating to the conditions for the provision of services, the change must be notified in writing and proven by documents.
- If applicable, Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- local police stations, if applicable
- If necessary, other law enforcement authorities
- If applicable, the Federal Public Prosecutor General (Office of the Federal Central Register)
- If applicable, tax office
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport