Cross-border provision of services Notification in the security sector
All activities in the security industry (e.B object or personal protection) require a special permit for the security industry.
If the requirements are met, only a prior, written notification is required.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the district, the district-free city, the large independent city and the independent municipality.
This procedure can also be handled through a "point of single contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.
- The applicant is a national of a Member State of the European Union or of a State party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area.
- The commercial enterprise is carried out in Germany only temporarily and occasionally.
- The applicant is legally established in the country of origin for the purpose of pursuing the trade.
Which documents are required?
- Proof of insurance cover or any other form of individual or collective protection in relation to professional liability, where such protection is also required by nationals for the activity in question
What are the fees?
Fees according to Annex 1 to § 1 paragraph 1 General Fee Schedule of the State of Lower Saxony (AllGO) in accordance with No. 40.1.12 apply.
Fee: 2500,00 EURPayment in advance: Yes
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
The activity may be started immediately after the notification if the other requirements according to § 13a paragraph 1 Gewerbeordnung (GewO) are met and the verification of the professional qualification is not required. This shall be indicated by the acknowledgement of receipt from the competent authority.
The notification must be repeated informally every 12 months as long as the further provision of the activity is intended.
What else should I know?
If, in the meantime, a significant change in circumstances affecting the conditions for the provision of services occurs, the change must be notified in writing and proven by documents.
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry, if applicable
- if applicable, local police stations
- if applicable, other law enforcement authorities
- if applicable, Federal Prosecutor General (Federal Central Register Office)
- If applicable, tax office
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport