An auction must be notified at least 2 weeks before the planned auction date.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the district, the district-free city, the large independent city and the independent municipality as well as with the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK), in whose district the auction is to take place.
This procedure can also be handled through a "point of single contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.
Which documents are required?
- If applicable , identity card or passport
- Auctioneer's permit
- written notification of which must show:
- place and time of the auction and
- Class of goods to be auctioned
- At auction of goods,
- which belong to an estate or an insolvency estate, or
- are sold due to business cessation, or
- sold by way of public auction on the basis of statutory provisions (§ 383 paragraph 3 of the German Civil Code (BGB)) and
- are offered in open sales outlets and which are unused or whose intended use consists in their consumption,
the following additional information is required:
- the reason for the auction and
- the name and address of the contracting entities
What are the fees?
There are no fees.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Notification Period: 2 Weeks
What else should I know?
Late registration of individual auction items is possible if the requirements of § 3 paragraph 2a Auctioneer Ordinance (VerstV) are met.
A new auction may not be started at the place of the previous auction until the previous auction was completed at least 5 days ago. An auction may not exceed the duration of 6 days. In individual cases, the competent authority may grant exceptions to the aforementioned deadlines in accordance with § 3 paragraph 3 VerstV.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport