Please enter a search term.

Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Continuation of a business by proxy Approval

Following a trade ban, the competent authority may, upon request, authorise the continuation of the business by a deputy person who ensures the proper management of the business. Approval is subject to application.

Who should I contact?

The responsibility lies with the district, the district-free city, the large independent city and the independent municipality in whose district the activity is to be carried out.

This procedure can also be carried out through a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by municipalities and the state for service providers.


  • legally binding trade ban or
  • Trade prohibition with order of immediate enforcement
  • the requisite personal reliability of the substitute, and
  • the conditions prescribed for the activity in question

Which documents are required?

  • If applicable, identity card or passport

What are the fees?

Fees according to Annex 1 to § 1 paragraph 1 of the General Schedule of Fees of the State of Lower Saxony (AllGO) according to No. apply.

Fee: 253,00 EUR
Payment in advance: Yes

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

There are no deadlines to be observed. However, the permit must be obtained before the deputy may be appointed. It is therefore advisable to submit the necessary application as early as possible.

Applications / forms

The Industrial Code does not prescribe how the application is to be submitted. For reasons of legal certainty, however, it is advisable to submit the application in writing and signed.

What else should I know?

Prior to approval, special supervisory authorities for the activity, the Chamber of Industry and Commerce or Chamber of Crafts and, in the case of a trade ban against a cooperative, the auditing association to which it belongs must be consulted. If the competent authority and the authority that ordered the prohibition are not identical, the prohibition authority should also be consulted in advance.

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Linie6PLus)