Be exempted from expertise requirement under Chemicals Ozone Layer Ordinance
To work on technical equipment that uses ozone-depleting substances, you must provide proof of expertise.
For the certificate of competence, you normally complete a training course followed by an examination. The examination is offered both by state-approved, private providers and by public bodies such as chambers of industry and commerce or chambers of trade.
To be admitted to the expert knowledge examination in certain categories, you must provide evidence of completed technical or craft training. The IHK or HWK can exempt you from this requirement if you can prove that you have acquired the prescribed craft skills elsewhere. You apply for exemption from the requirement for training in writing to your IHK or HWK.
Exemption from the requirement for training is a procedure that depends very much on the individual case, so you should find out about your options before submitting your application to the IHK or HWK.
You apply for exemption from the requirement of craft or technical training in writing to an IHK or HWK. Since the exemption depends very much on your personal requirements, you should seek advice from the chamber beforehand.
- The chamber will check whether you meet the requirements even without a vocational qualification.
- You will receive a certificate of exemption from the craft or technical training.
Now you can take the expert examination and, after passing it, carry out work on air-conditioning systems in the appropriate category.
Who should I contact?
- You meet the requirements for entry in the register of skilled trades.
- Alternatively, you can otherwise prove that you are qualified to practice a craft
- Possibly further documents, please ask for more details at the chamber where you want to apply for the exemption
Which documents are required?
- Copy of the identity card
- Evidence of qualifying professional activities
What are the fees?
Costs are incurred. The exact amount is set by the chambers themselves.
- The processing time is highly dependent on the individual case and cannot be given as a blanket figure
§ 5 Paragraph 4 Chemicals Ozone Layer Ordinance (ChemOzonSchichtV)
Applications / forms
- Forms: Recognition form of the respective chamber
- Online procedure possible: partially
- Written form requirement: no
- Personal appearance required: no
- In some states: Objection.
Detailed information on how to file an appeal can be found in the notification of your application.
- Administrative court action
You can find more information on expertise according to the Chemicals Climate Protection Ordinance here: DIHK brochure
Technically approved by
Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce
Professionally released on