Please enter a search term.

Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Be exempted from the requirement for expertise in accordance with the Chemical Ozone Layer Ordinance

To work on technical equipment that uses ozone-depleting substances, you usually need to provide proof of competence. This is a completed relevant vocational training, a certificate of competence according to the Chemical Climate Protection Ordinance or an equivalent certificate from other European countries.

In individual cases, the Chamber of Industry and Commerce or chamber of crafts may exempt you from the requirement of technical or craft training upon application if you meet the requirements for registration in the register of craftsmen in a relevant craft or otherwise prove that you are comparably qualified for technical or craft activities. The competent authority may obtain an opinion from the competent guild or professional association before taking a decision.

Process flow

You first apply for exemption from the requirement of technical or craft training at a chamber of industry and commerce or chamber of crafts.

  • The board checks whether you meet the requirements.
  • For this purpose, the board may also ask other bodies, such as guilds or professional associations.

After processing your application, you will receive a letter about whether you can be exempted from the requirement of training.


  • You meet the requirements for registration in the register of craftsmen
  • Alternatively, you can otherwise prove that you are qualified to practice a craft

Which documents are required?

Proof of qualifying professional activities

What are the fees?

Fees apply in accordance with the scale of fees of the competent authority.

Processing duration

  • Usually at least 3 months

Applications / forms

  • Forms: as specified by the competent authority
  • Online procedure possible: no
  • Written form required: no
  • Personal appearance required: no


  • Objection.
  • Contradiction.
    Detailed information on how to file an objection can be found in the notification of your application.
  • Administrative court action

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Linie6PLus)

Further Links

Single points of contact of the state of Lower Saxony, Single points of contact of the countries of Europe, advice and assistance for EU citizens and their families.