Expert persons in the field of the High Pressure Gas Pipeline Ordinance Recognition
Experts in the field of the High Pressure Gas Pipeline Ordinance (GasHDrLtgV) are persons who have been recognised by the competent body for the inspection of the technical safety of high-pressure gas pipelines on the basis of a written application pursuant to this Ordinance.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the Lower Saxony State Office for Mining, Energy and Geology (LBEG).
- required expertise, reliability and independence of the expert
- Successful completion of a relevant technical or scientific degree at a university, college or university of applied sciences
- specific professional qualifications for the technical tests to be carried out, in particular knowledge of the state of the art, the technical regulations and the relevant legal provisions
- Access to all test equipment necessary to carry out the tests
- If the expert person does not have his own resources, but uses the resources of the client or third parties, it is sufficient that the expert person is able to check the test equipment and the test setup for their suitability and conformity with the applicable legal regulations and technical rules.
- self-responsible and independent exercise of the activity
- independent of contracting persons and third parties, in particular persons who are involved in the planning or construction, distribution, operation or maintenance of the high-pressure gas pipelines to be tested or who are otherwise dependent on the results of the test or certificate
- The expert shall not undertake any tasks the performance of which could give rise to reasonable doubts as to impartiality.
- Reliability of the applicant on the basis of his or her personal characteristics and abilities as well as his behaviour
- Guarantee for the proper performance of the tasks incumbent upon it
- Experts shall:
- carry out their activities on a regular basis,
- regularly undergo further training in accordance with the state of the art,
- regularly participate in an exchange of experiences.
Which documents are required?
Proof of the following is required:
- vocational qualification
- Specific professional qualifications
- Access to the necessary test equipment
- Independence of activity
What are the fees?
There are fees according to Annex 1 to § 1 paragraph 1 General Fee Schedule of the State of Lower Saxony (AllGO) according to No. 35.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.
§ 11 Abs. 2 GasHDrLtgV in conjunction with § 42 a Abs. 2 VwVfG
Processing Time: 3 Months
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry for the Environment, Energy and Climate Protection