Intended for deletion - Certification bodies recognition according to the Biofuel Sustainability Ordinance
The Biokraft-NachV serves to implement Directive 2009/28/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 April 2009. This defines the crediting of the fulfillment of the legal obligation under the Federal Immission Control Act to place a certain minimum proportion of biofuels on the market in the course of a calendar year as well as the tax relief eligibility of biofuels under the Energy Tax Act.
Certification bodies monitor compliance with sustainability regulations by economic operators in the field of bioenergy and issue certificates to so-called interfaces.
Certification bodies are recognized for this upon application.
Who should I contact?
Federal Office for Agriculture and Food
Deichmanns Aue 29
Phone: +49 228 6845-2550
- Designation of
- Names and addresses of the responsible persons
- countries or states in which the certification body performs tasks in accordance with the Biokraft-NachV;
- Proof of
- expertise, equipment and infrastructure to carry out the tasks,
- a sufficient number of suitably qualified and experienced employees,
- independence from certification schemes, interfaces, establishments and suppliers, as well as freedom from conflicts of interest with regard to the performance of the tasks assigned to them;
- Fulfillment of the requirements of DIN EN 45011, March 1998 edition, performance of conformity assessments according to the standards of ISO/IEC Guide 60, September 2004 edition. The controls must meet the requirements of DIN EN ISO 19011, December 2002 edition;
- written obligation in accordance with Annex 5 No. 1 letter e of the Sustainability Ordinances;
- Existence of an address that can be served in a member state of the European Union or another state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area.
Which documents are required?
Documents on the fulfillment of the requirements of § 43 Biokraft-NachV
What are the fees?
Fee: free of charge
A decision on an application will be made within three months.
Applications / forms
Fachlich freigegeben durch
Bundesanstalt für Landwirtschaft und Ernährung