Certification bodies Recognition according to the Biofuel Sustainability Ordinance
The Biokraft-NachV implements Directive 2009/28/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 April 2009. This defines the recognition of the fulfillment of the legal obligation under the Federal Immission Control Act to place a certain minimum proportion of biofuels on the market in the course of a calendar year as well as the tax relief capacity of biofuels according to the Energy Tax Act.
Certification bodies monitor compliance with the sustainability regulations of economic operators in the field of bioenergy and issue certificates to so-called interfaces.
Certification bodies are recognised for this purpose on request.
Who should I contact?
Federal Institute for Agriculture and Food
Deichmanns Aue 29
Phone: +49 228 6845-2550
- Designation of
- Names and addresses of the responsible persons
- Countries or states in which the certification body performs tasks under the Biokraft-NachV;
- Proof of
- expertise, equipment and infrastructure for the performance of the tasks,
- a sufficient number of suitably qualified and experienced employees,
- independence from the certification systems, interfaces, establishments and suppliers and freedom from conflicts of interest with regard to the performance of the tasks assigned to them;
- Compliance with the requirements of DIN EN 45011, March 1998 edition, performance of conformity assessments in accordance with the standards of ISO/IEC Guide 60, September 2004 edition. The controls must meet the requirements of DIN EN ISO 19011, December 2002 edition;
- written commitment in accordance with Annex 5 No. 1 letter e of the Sustainability Ordinances;
- Existence of an address that can be served in a Member State of the European Union or another State party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area.
Which documents are required?
Documents on the fulfilment of the requirements of § 43 Biokraft-NachV
What are the fees?
Fee: free of chargePayment in advance: No
A decision on an application will be taken within three months.