Classification companies under the Meat Act Approval
An undertaking which carries out the weighing and grading by commercial classification of bovine, porcine and ovine carcasses is referred to as a classification undertaking.
Classification companies according to the Meat Act (FlG) require approval.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the Federal Office for Agriculture and Food.
This procedure can also be carried out through a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by municipalities and the state for service providers.
- Guarantee of the necessary independence from the operators in the meat marketing chain as a whole
- Reliability and expertise
- Establishment or address for service in Germany
- employment of a sufficient number of approved classifiers for proper classification, and
- Compliance with the requirements of the standard DIN EN ISO/IEC 17020:2004-11 Type A
- The presentation of an accreditation certificate from an accreditation body is not a prerequisite for approval.
Which documents are required?
No documents are required.
What are the fees?
There are no fees.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Authorisation must be applied for before commencing activity.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Food, Agriculture, Consumer Protection and Regional Development