Classification company according to the Meat Act approval
An undertaking which carries out the weighing and classification by trade class of bovine, pig and sheep carcasses is known as a classification undertaking.
Classification companies according to the Meat Act (FlG) require approval.
Who should I contact?
Responsibility lies with the Federal Institute for Agriculture and Food.
This procedure can also be handled through a "point of single contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.
- Guarantee of the necessary independence from the parties involved in the entire meat marketing chain
- Reliability and expertise
- Establishment or address eligible for service in Germany
- Employment of a sufficient number of approved classifiers for proper classification, and
- Meet the requirements of the DIN EN ISO/IEC 17020:2004-11 Type A standard
- The presentation of an accreditation certificate from an accreditation body is not a prerequisite for admission.
Which documents are required?
No documents are required.
What are the fees?
There are no fees.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Admission must be applied for before commencing work.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Food, Agriculture, Consumer Protection and Regional Development