Recognition of inspection bodies for pipeline installations Application
Anyone wishing to operate a testing centre for pipeline installations must apply for recognition of the inspection centre.
The verifier may consist of a
- expert organisation, or
- have an approved inspection body in accordance with other legislation.
The recognition applies to the entire federal territory. Equivalent recognitions from other EU/EEA states are equivalent to recognitions in Germany.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the Central Office of the Länder for Safety Technology at the Bavarian State Ministry of the Environment and Consumer Protection (ZLS).
This procedure can also be carried out through a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by municipalities and the state for service providers.
- The verifier must:
- be independent (this applies in particular to the staff responsible for the management and conduct of audits).
- on what is necessary for the adequate and independent performance of tasks
- have the necessary means and equipment for the inspection of pipelines.
- have sufficiently competent, experienced and reliable staff and the possibility of professional training.
- collect and evaluate the findings gained during the tests and regularly pass them on internally and to other testing bodies.
- have adequate and effective quality assurance with regular auditing.
Which documents are required?
- Evidence of the independence of the verifier
- Proof of the availability of the organisational structures required for the independent performance of tasks
- Proof of expertise, experience and reliability of the appointed personnel
- Evidence of the existence of quality assurance
What are the fees?
Fees are charged in accordance with the provisions of the Bavarian Costs Act.
Emission: 1000,00 - 30000,00 EURPayment in advance: Nohttps://www.gesetze-bayern.de/Content/Document/BayKVzKG/trueVariable fee
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Recognition must have taken place before the start of the audit activities.
Testing bodies from other EU/EEA countries must demonstrate the equivalence of recognition before commencing testing activities.
Processing Time: 3 Months§ 6 paragraph 3 sentence 1 Pipeline Ordinance (RohrFLtgV)
Applications / forms
The application for recognition must be submitted in writing. It must be signed by hand or provided with a qualified electronic signature.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport