Please enter a search term.

Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Restaurant establishment Advertisement Change of person in the case of legal entities

Anyone who operates a restaurant business as a legal entity and appoints another person to represent them must immediately notify the competent authority.

Process flow

- You must inform the authority to which you have notified your catering business that there has been a change in the power of representation.

- To do this, use the prescribed notification form and attach the necessary documents.

Who should I contact?

This procedure can also be handled by a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.

Competent authority

The municipality in whose jurisdiction the catering business is carried out.

Which documents are required?

  • Identity card or comparable identity document
  • If applicable, power of attorney
  • Excerpt from the commercial register or register of associations
  • when serving alcohol:
    • Proof of the application for the issuance of a certificate of good conduct in accordance with Section 30 (5) of the Federal Central Register Act (BZRG) as well as
    • Information from the Central Trade Register in accordance with Section 150 (1) of the Industrial Code (GewO)

What are the fees?

Fees are charged in accordance with tariff number 40.6.1 of the annex to § 1 paragraph 1 of the General Fee Schedule of the State of Lower Saxony (AllGO).

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

You must file the complaint immediately – without undue delay.

Processing duration

The processing takes place promptly after receipt of the necessary documents.

Applications / forms

- Notification of a catering business

- Online procedure possible: yes

- Written form required: yes

- Personal appearance necessary: if necessary.

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour, Transport and Digitalisation

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)