Findings from the background check certificate
- Contact the authority that has checked your reliability as part of the notification procedure of a restaurant business and ask them to certify the knowledge gained from this.
- The findings will be certified to you in writing.
Who should I contact?
This procedure can also be handled by a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.
The municipality responsible is the municipality to which the inclusion of alcohol in the context of a restaurant business has been notified.
The restaurant authority has carried out a reliability review in accordance with Section 3 (1) sentence 1 NGastG.
Which documents are required?
- Identity card or comparable identity document
- Power of attorney for legal representatives
What are the fees?
Fees are charged in accordance with tariff number 40.6.3 of the annex to § 1 paragraph 1 of the General Fee Ordinance of the State of Lower Saxony (AllGO).
Fee: 0,00 - 56,00 EURPayment in advance: No
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Approx. 14 days
Applications / forms
- Online procedure: possible
- Written form: not required
- Personal appearance necessary: if necessary.
If the competent restaurant authority rejects the certification of the findings from the background check, you can file a complaint with the locally competent administrative court.
What else should I know?
- As a rule, personal reliability is checked by using the police clearance certificate in accordance with Section 30 (5) of the Federal Central Register Act and information from the Central Trade Register in accordance with Section 150 (1) of the Industrial Code. The certificate shall be limited to the reproduction of the findings contained therein.
- If there are no findings, this will be certified.
- Otherwise, the corresponding entries will be certified on request. This makes the legal nature of the certificate clear.
- This is not an administrative act, but an instrument of knowledge transfer and serves primarily as an access to knowledge.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour, Transport and Digitalisation