Please enter a search term.

Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Register of craftsmen Registration of non-essential activities

For certain activities which are considered to be non-essential activities, no entry is provided for in the register of craftsmen or in the lists kept by the competent authority.

Activities that can be learned within three months or require a longer training period, but are irrelevant to the overall picture of the craft subject to approval in question, are not considered essential. Furthermore, activities that have not arisen from a craft subject to licensing are considered non-essential.

However, registration is required if you have successfully passed the journeyman's examination in a craft subject to authorisation, the activity in question was part of the initial training in this craft subject to authorisation and this activity constitutes the predominant part of your commercial activity.

Who should I contact?

The responsibility lies with the Chamber of Crafts (HWK), in whose district the future permanent establishment is located.

This procedure can also be handled through a "point of single contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.

Find your Point of Single Contact here

Which documents are required?

Documents are required. Please contact the competent authority.

What are the fees?

Fees apply in accordance with the scale of fees of the competent authority.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Linie6PLus)

Further Links

Single points of contact of the state of Lower Saxony, Single points of contact of the countries of Europe, advice and assistance for EU citizens and their families.