Please enter a search term.

Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Trade in and brokerage of selected dual-use goods in the EU-ausland Approval

Certain goods are subject to trade restrictions in the EU. These include, but are not only, "double-use" items listed in Part I, Section C, Identifiers 901 to 999 of the Export List (Annex AL to the External Trade Regulation).

These are e.g.

  • Goods for material processing,
  • telecommunications and information security,
  • Sensors and lasers,
  • Aerospace.

If you want to conduct a trading and brokerage business through dual-use goods that are

  • located in a third country, or
  • in the economic territory and have not yet been cleared under import law,

exported to another third country, requires an authorisation where he or she has been informed by the competent authoritythat such goods are or may be intended, in whole or in part, for one of the purposes of Article 4(1) regulation (EC) No 428/2009 on a Community scheme for the control of exports, movements, transfers and transit of dual-use goods and that the country of purchase or destination is identified in the abovementioned identifiers Is.

If the applicant is aware that the goods to be delivered are intended for the above-the-gis, he shall inform the competent authority; it decides whether the trading and brokerage transaction is subject to authorisation.

The commercial and brokerage transaction may not be effected until the competent authority has previously authorised it or has decided that it does not require authorisation.

Such uses include the development, manufacture, storage and proliferation of chemical, biological or nuclear weapons or missiles for those weapons.

Who should I contact?

The responsibility lies with the Federal Office for Economic Affairs and Export Control (BAFA).

This procedure can also be carried out through a "single point of contact". The "Single Contact Person" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the country for service providers.

Which documents are required?

  • Application with meaningful documentation on the goods concerned

What are the fees?

There are no charges.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the appropriate body.

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry of Economy, Labour and Transport

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Linie6PLus)

Further Links

Single points of contact of the state of Lower Saxony, Single points of contact of the countries of Europe, advice and assistance for EU citizens and their families.