For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Entrepeneurs assistant

Several authorities were found for your input. Please indicate your district or postal code where you have your company/branch or where you would like to contact the responsible office.

Register of craftsmen Registration by granting an exemption permit according to § 9 Abs. 1 HwO

Anyone who, as a citizen of the EU, the EEA or Switzerland, wants to operate a craft subject to licensing in Germany as a standing trade (i.e. with a branch in Germany) without having successfully passed a German master craftsman examination or an equivalent examination within the meaning of § 7 (2) and (2a) of the Crafts Code (HwO) requires an exemption permit. In addition to the general regulation of § 8 HwO, there is a special regulation in § 9 HwO due to Community law requirements for citizens of the EU, the EEA or Switzerland.

An obligation to register in the register of craftsmen exists only in connection with establishment transactions, not in the case of a cross-border provision of services without establishment in Germany. Here, a notification procedure according to §§ 7 ff. EU/EEA Crafts Regulation (EU/EEA HwV) is provided.

Further information can also be found in the services:

  • Cross-border provision of services
  • Craft roll: Grant - exemption according to § 8 HwO
§ 7 Abs. 2 and 2a Handwerksordnung (HwO)§ 8 Handwerksordnung (HwO)§ 9 Handwerksordnung (HwO)§§ 7 ff. EU/EEA Crafts Regulation (EU/EEA HwV)

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Linie6PLus)

Top of the Page