Deputy licence for commercial arms production and/or arms trade: Granted
Anyone who wants to carry out the commercial production of weapons or the commercial arms trade by a deputy requires a proxy permit.
It is granted to the licence holder for a specific deputy and may be limited in time. This also applies to the appointment of a person to manage a branch or a dependent branch.
The permit may be limited to certain types of firearms and ammunition.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the district, the district-free city, the large independent city and the independent municipality.
This procedure can also be handled through a "point of single contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.
- Completion of the age of 18 of the applicant and the deputy
- Reliability of both the applicant and the deputy
- The required reliability presupposes, above all, that the applicant and the deputy do not have a criminal record.
- personal suitability of the applicant and the deputy
- For example, the required personal aptitude is not possessed by those persons for whom facts justify the assumption that they are incapacitated, dependent on alcohol or mentally ill.
- Expertise of the deputy in the commercial arms trade
- If necessary, the deputy can obtain the necessary proof of expertise in the most important regulations on weapons and fire law, on the type, construction and handling of common firearms and ammunition by means of an examination at the Hanover Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
- The specialist knowledge is considered to be given if the deputy fulfils the requirements for the registration of a gunsmith's business in the register of craftsmen.
- Proof of a need
- The need (a reasonable reason) may arise from a particularly recognisable personal or economic interest, for example as an arms manufacturer or arms dealer.
- Professionalism or economic enterprise
- A permit is only granted if the production of weapons or the arms trade are carried out commercially or independently within the framework of an economic enterprise.
Which documents are required?
- If applicable, proof of specialist knowledge
- Extract from criminal records
- Certificate issued by the competent judicial or administrative authority of the country of origin or country from which the foreign national comes
- Confirmation of the home authority
- Proof of commercial establishment, business premises
- If applicable, a copy of an arms trade permit that has already been issued
- Curriculum vitae
- if necessary, obtaining information from the Foreigners' Registration Office
- Information on entries pursuant to § 26 paragraph 2 of the Insolvency Code (InsO) and § 882b of the Code of Civil Procedure (ZPO) in the debtor register of the competent local court
What are the fees?
Fees apply in accordance with Section I Number 1 or 2 of the Appendix Schedule of Fees of the Fee Schedule of the Cost Ordinance to the Weapons Act (WaffKostV).
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
The licence expires if the licence holder has not started the activity within one year of the granting of the licence or has not carried it out for one year. The time limits may be extended for specific reasons.
The licence holder shall notify the competent authority of the commencement and cessation of operations as well as the opening and closure of a branch or a dependent branch within two weeks.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport