Application for notification as an inspection body for the investigation of waste wood in accordance with the Waste Wood Ordinance
If you want to check waste wood treatment plants to ensure that waste wood is recycled without damage, you must apply to the competent authority to designate you as the inspection body. The provision applies to the entire federal territory.
Operators of treatment plants for the processing of waste wood for the production of wood-based panels are obliged to have quarterly investigations carried out on pollutant contents of waste wood. These investigations shall be carried out by independent inspection bodies designated by a central authority. The investigations are to be carried out in accordance with the Waste Wood Ordinance (AltholzV).
The determination of the inspection bodies takes place on request after a review, which is based on § 6 and Annex II to § 3 paragraph 1 of the Waste Wood Ordinance (AltholzV) and the "Waste Specialist Module". The specialist module regulates the requirements for the quality of examination centres within the framework of the Closed Substance Cycle Management Act (KrWG) and the ordinances based on it. In the specialist module, personnel, operational and technical requirements are defined. The provision is also known as "notification".
With this provision, the investigating body is obliged, inter alia, to participate annually in the nationwide round robin tests.
You submit an informal application to the authority of the country in which you have your registered office for designation as an inspection body for waste wood. Please attach the required documents. If necessary, the authority will request further application documents. After examination by the competent authority, you will receive a written notification as to whether the determination as an investigating body takes place. This is followed by an inclusion of the institution in the ReSyMeSa search system. The authority may provide the provision with a reservation of revocation, a time limit, conditions, requirements and the reservation of conditions.
They have the necessary expertise, independence, reliability and technical equipment. You have submitted the application in the country where you have your place of business. If they are abroad, submit the application in the country where you primarily want to carry out this activity.
- Copy of the accreditation certificate with attachment
- Copy of the last proficiency test
- Designation of the parameter scope of the application in accordance with the Waste Wood Ordinance (AltholzV)
- Certificates of good conduct (document type OG, not older than 3 months, original) of all business owners or managing directors
- Certificate of good conduct (document type OG, not older than 3 months, original) of the laboratory management
- Information from the Central Trade Register (document type 9, not older than 3 months, original) of all business owners or managing directors as well as for the company
- Information from the Central Trade Register (document type 9, not older than 3 months, original) of the laboratory management
- Current articles of association with details of the natural or legal persons authorised to represent them as well as a current extract from the commercial register
- Insurance policy for risk-adequate financial loss liability insurance
- list of internal and external samplers; Contract between the investigating body and the sampler or between the investigating body and the external sampler's employing body/employer
As part of the approval of an investigation body, a declaration of commitment and consent on the transfer of information between the Länder, the accreditation body and RESYMESA must be signed, as well as a list of accreditation and notification of the investigating body for the requested parameters in accordance with the AltholzV in other federal states must be submitted.
Which documents are required?
Evidence and information on the required expertise, independence, reliability and technical equipment must be submitted. After enquiries from the competent authority, further documents may have to be provided. If you operate nationwide, the authority may require you to provide a valid accreditation of compliance with the requirements of DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005, which refers to the parameters and test methods according to Annex IV AltholzV.
What are the fees?
according to time spent, but at least EUR 67
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
before commencing work
The examination of the application for appointment of a post must be completed within three months; Section 42a (2) sentences 2 to 4 of the Administrative Procedure Act (Verwaltungsverfahrensgesetz, VwVfG) applies.
Applications / forms
- Written form required: Yes
- Personal appearance required: No
You can lodge an objection.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry for the Environment, Energy, Building and Climate Protection