Recognition of experts according to building regulations
On behalf of the client or other person responsible under building regulations, test and certify the effectiveness and operational safety of technical systems and facilities requiring examination under building regulations in their respective specialist areas.
The test experts are independent within the scope of the inspection tasks incumbent upon them and are not bound by the instructions of the client.
Test experts for technical installations and equipment must be recognised by the competent body.
Decisive for the recognition is the ordinance on recognized experts for the inspection of technical systems according to building regulations. Thereafter, a person is recognised as an expert upon application until the age of 70.
Ordinance on recognised experts for the inspection of technical systems under building regulations (Building Code Expert Ordinance - BauSVO)
Proof of the required knowledge is provided in an assessment procedure that includes a written and an oral examination.
The application shall specify for which of the following technical installations and installations recognition is sought:
- CO warning systems,
- smoke extraction systems,
- fire extinguishing systems,
- fire detection and alarm systems,
- Safety power supply systems, including emergency lighting.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the Lower Saxony Ministry for the Environment, Energy, Building and Climate Protection.
This procedure can also be carried out through a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by municipalities and the state for service providers.
- Fulfilment and proof of the general requirements as well as the special requirements for the corresponding field of study (including proof of professional experience and special knowledge)
- Registered office in Lower Saxony
Which documents are required?
- Birth certificate
- Curriculum vitae with complete indication of professional career and professional practice up to the time of application
- Copy or photocopy of the diploma of the training institution as well as all certificates of previous employment
- Original certificate of good conduct for submission to an authority
- Declaration by the expert that he/she will only carry out tests to the best of his/her knowledge and belief and that he/she will be impartial
What are the fees?
Fees are charged according to § 1 paragraph 1 Niedersächsische Baugebührenordnung (BauGO) in conjunction with Annex 1 BauGO according to No. 10.5.
The amount of the fees will be determined in the course of the procedure on the basis of your information.
Annex 1 to §§ 1 and 2 paragraph 1 of the Building Fees Ordinance (BauGO)
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Applications can be submitted at any time. As a rule, the assessments for proof of the required knowledge take place once a year at the competent chamber. The supreme building supervisory authority has no influence on their process organisation, but rather makes use of their expertise.
Processing Time: 1 Monthfrom the submission of the positive expert opinion of the competent chamber on the required expertise.
§ 3 paragraph 2 sentence 1 Building Code Expert Ordinance (BauSVO)
Action before the Administrative Court of Hanover
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry for the Environment, Energy, Building and Climate Protection
List-ID 088 (whitelist; Status: 13.09.2018)
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.