Application for authorisation to use plant protection products outside agricultural, forestry or horticultural land
Plant protection products shall not be used on paved open land or on other open land which is not used for agricultural, forestry or horticultural purposes.
The competent authority may grant exemptions from the prohibition on the use of authorised plant protection products if the intended purpose is urgent and cannot be achieved by reasonable effort in any other way and does not conflict with overriding public interests, in particular the protection of human and animal health or the ecosystem.
The application for an exemption permit may be submitted by the owner or the user of the areas to be treated or by a person commissioned by him/her.
The application for derogation shall include in particular the following particulars and documents:
- Name, address of person entitled to dispose of/use the land
- Mention of all users with address and copies of their certificates of competence
- List of requested areas with site plan
- Identification of the active substance/plant protection product intended for use
- Justification for the need for the use of plant protection products
- Information on critical areas / areas at risk of run-off
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the Chamber of Agriculture of Lower Saxony - Plant Protection Office.
- The intended purpose is urgent and
- cannot be achieved with reasonable effort in any other way, and
- predominantly public interests, in particular the protection of animal and plant species, are not opposed.
Which documents are required?
Copies of the certificate of competence (credit card) and location(s) of the application and its surroundings (corresponding maps/corresponding property maps) must be enclosed.
What are the fees?
Fee: 74,00 - 562,00 EURPayment in advance: No
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
An exemption is granted for a limited period of one year without exception.
Deletion after completion of processing with a notice period of 15 years.
Applications / forms
The application for an exemption permit can be submitted by the owner or by the user of the areas to be treated or by a person commissioned by him/her.
An appeal against the decision may be lodged with the competent administrative court within one month of notification.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection