Production of forest reproductive material directly from the raw material: Advertisement
The harvest of forest reproductive material must be notified to the competent authority in good time in advance. It is only permitted if the starting material is approved in accordance with § 4 of the Forest Reproductive Material Act (FoVG). That is, the seed crop or seed plantation must be approved.
Unless the competent authority prohibits the harvest, the harvest can take place. Only registered forest seed and plant farms are allowed to carry out the harvest. The forest owner or his representative is obliged to supervise the harvest, set up a collection point and keep a collection list. If the reproductive material is to be moved from the assembly centre to the first consignee, a master certificate shall be issued by the competent authority. This accompanies the goods in the original.
Forest owners with approved raw material for the production of forest reproductive material or registered forest seed and forest plant holdings will receive personalised access to the digital harvest approval register upon application. This can be used to register the harvest.
- Open the Digital Harvest Approval Register
- Enter your personal username and password
- Select Harvest menu item
- Place a check mark behind the register unit to be harvested and execute the "Register harvest" action
- Enter the required information in the EDP masks of processing steps 1-4 in the digital harvest approval register and save the harvesting process
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the State Office for Forest Reproductive Material in the Lower Saxony Ministry of Food, Agriculture, Consumer Protection and Regional Development.
This procedure can also be handled by a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.
- The production of forest reproductive material is only permitted if the starting material has previously been approved in accordance with § 4 of the Forest Reproductive Material Act (FoVG).
- The harvest can only be registered
- the forest owner of these areas,
- a person appointed by him or her
- or a forest seed and forest plant holding registered under the FoVG.
Which documents are required?
Information is required on:
- the registration number of the raw material to be harvested
- the sub-areas to be harvested
- the beginning of the harvest
- the location of the collection point with precise location information
- Name and telephone number of the collection point manager (who maintains the collection list)
- about the supplier according to FoVG
- the harvester in accordance with FoVG
- the first recipient according to FoVG
- the harvesting process
- Collective list according to the appendix to the FoDVD
What are the fees?
The harvest registration itself is free of charge.
If the harvest is carried out and the seed is sent from the collection point to the first recipient, a root certificate is required. For the issuance of the master certificate, fees are charged in accordance with Annex 1 to § 1 paragraph 1 of the General Fee Schedule of the State of Lower Saxony (AllGO) in accordance with No. 95.4.2: depending on the time required, at least 12.00 euros and a maximum of 55.00 euros.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
You must register the harvesting measure three working days before it begins.
Maximum 1 month
Applications / forms
Via the personalised access to the harvest approval register
An action against the decision may be lodged with the competent administrative court within one month of notification.
What else should I know?
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection