Please enter a search term.

Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Forest seed or forest plant operation: display

Any holding wishing to place forest reproductive material on the market must register with the competent State Office for Forest Reproductive Material. If the requirements are met, the operation can be approved. He then receives a company number. This is reported to the Federal Institute for Agriculture and Food (BLE) and kept there in a nationwide register. The holding number must be indicated on delivery notes for forest reproductive material.

Process flow

After submitting the necessary documents, they are checked by the State Office for Forest Reproductive Material. If the requirements according to the documents are met, the company is inspected in an on-site appointment and the responsible person is interviewed. If this does not result in any impediments, the farm is informed of the farm number in accordance with the FoVG and the new farm registration is reported to the Federal Institute for Agriculture and Food (BLE) for entry in the National Register.

  • Open the digital harvest approval register
  • Fill out the contact form
  • Attach required documents (see above)
  • You will receive a notification by letter post after the local appointment.

Who should I contact?

Responsibility lies with the State Office for Forest Reproductive Material in the Lower Saxony Ministry of Food, Agriculture, Consumer Protection and Regional Development.

This procedure can also be handled through a "point of single contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.

Find your Point of Single Contact here


The company must:

  • have its registered office in Lower Saxony,
  • have the necessary technical facilities
  • and have a responsible person with the necessary professional knowledge and experience.

Which these are in individual cases depends on the type of business requested.

Types of establishment can be:

  • Klenge,
  • Forest nursery,
  • person owning the forest,
  • seed and propagating material establishment,
  • dealers of propagating material,
  • Harvesters of propagating material.

Which documents are required?

Information on the name of the company, the legal form, the address, the telephone number, the e-mail address, the name of the responsible person according to the FoVG, the professional qualification of the responsible person.

Whether further documents are required depends on the type of operation.

What are the fees?

Fee: 120,00 - 650,00 EUR
Payment in advance: No
The amount of the fees is - in accordance with Annex 1 to § 1 paragraph 1 General Fee Schedule of the State of Lower Saxony No. 95.4.5 - depending on the time required.

Annex 1 to § 1 paragraph 1 General Fee Schedule (AllGO)

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

You must register the operation within one month of the start of the operation activity.

Processing duration

maximum 3 months

Applications / forms

Informal written application via the contact form of the electronic harvest approval register

Electronic harvest approval register


An action may be brought against the decision before the competent administrative court within one month of notification.

What else should I know?

Registered forest seed and forest plant holdings are obliged to keep separate accounts in accordance with the Forest Propagation Material Act (FoVG) and the Forest Propagating Material Implementing Ordinance (FoVDV). This must be kept for 10 years.

The companies (land, business premises, business premises and means of transport) can be entered at any time by employees of the State Office for Forest Reproductive Material during business hours. Employees can carry out checks, take samples and view business documents.

BLE Media Service Brochure: Forest Reproductive Material - Information for Practice

BLE: Forest reproductive material

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Linie6PLus)

Further Links

Single points of contact of the state of Lower Saxony, Single points of contact of the countries of Europe, advice and assistance for EU citizens and their families.