Recognition, extension of recognition, recognition of a secondary establishment and review of the recognition requirements of testing, monitoring or certification bodies (PÜZ bodies) in accordance with the State Building Code
The manufacture/use of construction products as well as the manufacture/application of construction methods which require exceptional expertise and experience of the persons entrusted with them must be subject to testing, certification and/or monitoring. The operation of such a testing, monitoring and certification body requires recognition by the competent body.
Administrative services include:
- extension of recognition,
- recognition of a secondary establishment, and
- Review of the recognition requirements
of testing, monitoring or certification bodies (PÜZ bodies).
The recognition authority shall acknowledge receipt of the application to the applicant and, if necessary, inform the applicant of any documents and information that are missing. The acknowledgment of receipt shall contain:
1. a reference to the 3-month period and a note that this period does not begin to run until the documents and information attached to the application are complete and inspections at the applicant's premises and necessary comparative studies have been completed,
2. an indication of whether a review at the applicant's premises and whether comparative studies are required, as well as the likely timeframe required, and
3. an indication of the remedies available.
The recognition authority coordinates the details for the examination at the applicant's premises and for the comparative studies with the applicant. It shall inform the applicant whether and which deficiencies exist in the documents and information.
If the application, documents or particulars are incomplete or otherwise contain a significant deficiency and the deficiency is not remedied within a period specified by the recognition authority, the application shall be deemed to be withdrawn. The recognising authority must inform the applicant of the consequences of not remedying the deficiency when determining the time limit.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the supreme building supervisory authority in the Lower Saxony Ministry for the Environment, Energy, Building and Climate Protection.
This procedure can also be handled by a Point of Single Contact. The Point of Single Contact is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.
Recognition may take place if the body or its employees are in accordance with their
- personal reliability
- impartiality and
ensure that these tasks are carried out in accordance with public law rules and that they are equipped with the necessary facilities.
Which documents are required?
Recognition must be applied for with the following documents:
1. an indication of the activity to which recognition is to be extended;
2. information on the construction product and type for which recognition is sought; reference may be made to published technical rules,
3. details of the persons entrusted with the full-time management, their date of birth and qualifications, as well as the managerial and administrative staff and their professional experience,
4. information on the economic and legal links of the applicants, the full-time managers and the employees to individual manufacturers,
5. information on the premises and technical equipment,
6. details of subcontractors,
7. relevant approvals and accreditations from other countries.
What are the fees?
Fees are charged in accordance with Annex 1 (to §§ 1 and 2 para. 1) Nos. 11.9, 11.10, 11.11, 11.12 of the Lower Saxony Building Fee Regulations (BauGO) according to time spent.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
A decision on the application for recognition shall be taken within three months of the submission of the complete documents and information and the completion of the verifications and comparative studies. In all other respects, § 42a of the Administrative Procedure Act applies.
If the application, documents or particulars are incomplete or otherwise contain a significant deficiency and the deficiency is not remedied within a period specified by the recognition authority, the application shall be deemed to be withdrawn.
Processing time: usually 3 months after submission of the complete documents and information as well as the completion of the reviews and comparative studies
Appeal to the competent administrative court
An action against the decision may be brought before the competent administrative court at the applicant's registered office within one month of notification. The action is to be directed against the Lower Saxony Ministry for the Environment, Energy, Building and Climate Protection.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry for the Environment, Energy, Building and Climate Protection