Mobile Shooting Range - Apply for Permit to Operate
If you want to operate a mobile facility that is used for shooting sports or other shooting exercises with firearms, the testing of firearms or shooting with firearms for amusement (shooting range), or if you want to significantly change its nature or the way it is used, you need a permit from the competent weapons authority.
No licence is required for shooting ranges where shooting is carried out indoors exclusively for the purpose of testing firearms or ammunition by weapons or ammunition manufacturers, by weapons or ammunition experts or by scientific institutions.
In the case of mobile shooting ranges, a one-time permit before the initial installation is sufficient.
The shooting range must be inspected by the competent authority with regard to the safety requirements before it is put into operation for the first time. For this purpose, an expert opinion from a recognised shooting range expert can also be obtained at the expense of the person operating the machine.
Permission may only be granted if the applicant:
- the required reliability, and
- possesses personal suitability, and
- provides proof of insurance against liability and against accidents related to the operation of the shooting range.
There must also be a permit and acceptance for flying structures.
Which documents are required?
- Identity card or passport (copy)
- Statement from the local police station
- Proof of need, if applicable
- Proof of the existence of liability insurance and accident insurance for shooting shops subject to fairground liability
- If necessary, permits or orders in accordance with building or immission control regulations and corresponding acceptance
- If applicable, safety report from a shooting range expert
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
The permission must be applied for before the start of use.
Technically approved by
Bavarian State Ministry of the Interior, Sport and Integration
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.