Please enter a search term.

Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Register of craftsmen Registration by granting a right to exercise according to § 7a HwO

Without a master craftsman's examination, the applicant or the farm manager may receive a right to exercise according to §7a Handwerksordnung (HwO) by the competent authority. In addition, the granting of an exemption could be considered.

Who should I contact?

The responsibility lies with the Chamber of Crafts, in whose district the (future) permanent establishment is located.  

This procedure can also be carried out through a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by municipalities and the state for service providers.


  • Anyone who already operates a craft subject to authorisation can obtain authorisation to practise another craft subject to authorisation or for essential activities of this trade if:
    • the knowledge and skills required for this purpose are demonstrated. Previous professional experience and activities are taken into account.

Which documents are required?

  • Certificate of journeyman's examination/skilled worker examination
  • Certificate of the master craftsman's examination
  • Certificates or certificates of other courses and examinations (e.g. final examination at university or university of applied sciences, technician, industrial foreman, specialist courses and courses)
  • Proof of the knowledge and skills required to exercise

What are the fees?

Fees are charged in accordance with the scale of fees of the competent authority.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Digitalisation

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Linie6PLus)