Please enter a search term.

Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Licence for the commercial handling and movement of explosive substances Issue

If your business activities require the handling and circulation of explosive substances, you will need a permit to do so.
As a rule, proof of your personal reliability, your professional suitability and, if applicable, your financial capacity and certain spatial conditions is required.

Companies that are active in the field of mining supervision should note the service "Permit for the commercial handling and traffic of explosive substances for companies under mining supervision".

Who should I contact?

The responsibility lies with the State Labour Inspectorate.

This procedure can also be handled by a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.


For public safety and the protection of the physical integrity of third parties, an examination of the requirements is carried out, which include:

  • an examination of reliability and personal suitability,
  • a special expertise,
  • proof of age (completion of the 21st year of life) and
  • an examination of requirements relating to the intended place of use;

contain. As a permit holder, you can be both a natural person and a legal entity.

Which documents are required?

What are the fees?

Fees are charged in accordance with Annex 1 to § 1 paragraph 1 of the General Fee Schedule of the State of Lower Saxony (AllGO) in accordance with No. 29.1.2.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

Permission is granted indefinitely.

What else should I know?

The application for a permit must be applied for by you for individual activities and the type of explosive substances must be described in concrete terms.

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Labour, Health and Equality

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)