Please enter a search term.

Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Playground equipment with the possibility of winning permission

For the installation and operation of playground equipment which:

  • are equipped with a technical device influencing the outcome of the game, and the
  • offer the possibility of profit (profit of goods, profit of money),

traders need a permit from the competent authority.

The competent authority may at any time impose conditions, both on the person setting up the installation and on the trader in whose establishment a piece of playground equipment is installed.

Who should I contact?

The responsibility lies with the municipality, the joint municipality and the city.

This procedure can also be handled by a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.


  • required, personal reliability of the applicant
  • Approval of the design of playground equipment
  • The installation site complies with the implementing regulations of the Industrial Code (GewO).
  • Necessary knowledge for the protection of players and minors
  • Existence of a social concept

Which documents are required?

  • Excerpt from the list of debtors and certificate from the insolvency court
  • Certificate from the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK) on the information on the necessary knowledge for the protection of players and minors
  • Proof of a social concept of a publicly recognized institution

In the case of prior written notification of only temporary activity in accordance with § 13a of the Industrial Code (GewO) within the scope of the GewO by nationals of a member state of the EU or a state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area, if they are legally established in one of these states for the purpose of carrying out the activity, participation in an information is not required if the following documents are provided:

  • Proof of nationality (e.g. by identity card or passport)
  • Proof of legal establishment for the purpose of carrying out activities in a member state of the EU or a state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area
  • Proof that the exercise of these activities is not prohibited, even temporarily
  • Proof that there is no criminal record
  • documents from the State of establishment attesting to personal reliability for the purpose of carrying out the activity,
  • Proof of professional qualification, if your activity is also linked to the possession of certain professional qualifications in the country of establishment
  • otherwise, proof that the activity has been pursued in the State of establishment for at least two years during the previous ten years.

In the case of traders from another EU member state or an EEA member state, documents issued in the country of origin may be used to prove that the requirements for the good repute and orderly financial circumstances of the trader are met.

What are the fees?

The amount of the fees is determined - in accordance with Annex 1 to § 1 paragraph 1 of the General Fee Schedule of the State of Lower Saxony No. - depending on the time spent. However, a maximum of EUR 1520.00 will be charged.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)