Please enter a search term.

Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Travel business card-free activity Re-registration

You are already pursuing a travel business card-free activity and want to re-register it.

For the following activities exempt from travel business cards, there is an obligation to notify the competent authority:

  • Any person who sells goods for sale in the commune of his residence or commercial establishment or visits (sells) or buys orders, offers services or visits orders for services, provided that the municipality does not have more than 10 000 inhabitants;
  • Any person who distributes food or other everyday goods from a non-stationary point of sale or other establishment at regular, shorter intervals at the same location; the prohibition of § 56 sec. 1 no. 3 letter b GewO does not apply;
  • Anyone who sells printed works on public roads, streets, squares or other public places.

If you carry out one of the above-mentioned activity exempt from a travel trade card in accordance with § 55a (1) No. 3, 9 and 10 GewO, then you must notify the competent authority of the start of your business, unless you have already registered it in accordance with § 14 (1) to (3) GewO. If there is an obligation to notify, the form must be used in accordance with the Trade Advertising Ordinance.

Process flow

You can report a travel business card-free activity to your municipality or city administration on site. To do this, please contact the municipality or city administration/trade office in which you have your habitual residence or in which the future company will have its registered office.

Who should I contact?

Competent authority

The responsibility lies with the municipality, the Joint Community and the city.

This procedure can also be carried out through a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by municipalities and the state for service providers.

Which documents are required?

  • Completed form according to the Trade Advertising Ordinance
  • Identity card or passport with registration certificate
  • Residence permit if foreigners and not EU/EEA nationals
  • For proof of the entrepreneurial legal form:
    • If you are based in Germany, you will need:
      • for registered companies: extract from the commercial register and, if applicable, a copy of the articles of association
  • If you have your registered office abroad, you will need documents from the country of residence that prove the legal form.

What are the fees?

The amount of the fees is determined - according to Annex 1 to § 1 paragraph 1 General Schedule of Fees of the State of Lower Saxony No. - depending on the time required. However, a maximum of EUR 43.00 will be charged.

Fee: 0,00 - 43,00 EUR
Payment in advance: No

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

The business re-registration must be carried out at the same time as the relocation of the business or the change or expansion of the goods or services offered.

Processing duration

Processing Time: 3 Days

Applications / forms

In the trade registration procedure, the notification forms prescribed in § 14 Gewerbeordnung (GewO) must be used.

What else should I know?

Service providers who fulfil the requirement of Article 4 No. 5 of Directive (EC) No. 2006/123 on services in the internal market within the scope of the Industrial Code (GewO) and therefore do not fall under § 4 para. 1 sentence 2 GewO are also obliged to notify, even if they have a branch in another Member State of the EU. Exceptionally, the permanent activity outside a branch or without having such a branch may also be notifiable if it is triggered on the initiative of the client.


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)