Please enter a search term.

Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Activities with pathogens

Anyone who has already received a permit to work with pathogens and has notified the first commencement of the activity is obliged to notify the competent authority immediately if

  • significant changes are made in the nature and scope of the activity, the nature of the rooms and facilities or the disposal measures,
  • terminates the activity with pathogens, or
  • activity with pathogens is resumed.

Even if there is no permit requirement, changes to the activity must be notified.

Persons who carry out microbiological examinations for the purpose of diagnosing their own patients are exempt from the permit requirement. These are, for example:

  • Doctors,
  • dentists and
  • Veterinarians.

Anyone who works under the supervision of a person who has a permit or is exempt from the permit requirement does not have to report a change in activity.

Further information on the topic of "Activities with pathogens" can be found in the following services:

  • Activities with pathogens Advertisement
  • Activities with pathogens permit

The responsibility lies with the district and the independent city in whose district the activity is carried out.

This procedure can also be handled by a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.

No documents are required.

Fees are charged in accordance with Annex 1 to § 1 paragraph 1 of the General Fee Schedule of the State of Lower Saxony (AllGO) in accordance with No.

Any significant change must be reported to the competent authority immediately, i.e. without undue delay.

The application must be submitted informally.

If there is a risk to the health of the population, the continuation or resumption of activity with pathogens is prohibited by the competent authority. This is particularly the case if there are no suitable rooms or facilities for the activities or if the conditions for safe disposal are not met.

Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Equality

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)