Please enter a search term.

Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Forest seed or forest plant holding: display

Any establishment wishing to place forest reproductive material on the market must register with the competent State Office for Forest Reproductive Material. If the conditions are met, the operation can be approved. He then receives a company number. This is reported to the Federal Office for Agriculture and Food (BLE) and listed there in a nationwide register. The holding number must be indicated on delivery notes for forest reproductive material.

Process flow

After submitting the necessary documents, they are checked by the State Office for Forest Reproductive Material. If the conditions are met according to the documents, the company is inspected in an on-site appointment and the responsible person is interviewed. Provided that this does not result in any obstacles, the holding number is communicated to the holding in accordance with the FoVG and the new business registration is reported to the Federal Office for Agriculture and Food (BLE) for entry in the National Register.

  • Open Digital Harvest Approval Register
  • Fill out the contact form
  • Attach required documents (see above)
  • You will receive a notification by post after the on-site visit.

Who should I contact?

Responsibility lies with the State Office for Forest Reproductive Material in the Lower Saxony Ministry of Food, Agriculture, Consumer Protection and Regional Development.

This procedure can also be carried out through a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by municipalities and the state for service providers.


The establishment must:

  • have their registered office in Lower Saxony,
  • have the necessary technical facilities
  • and a responsible person with the necessary professional knowledge and experience.

Which these are in individual cases depends on the type of operation applied for.

Types of operation can be:

  • Klenge,
  • Forest tree nursery,
  • the person owning the forest,
  • seed and propagating material holding,
  • dealers of propagation material,
  • Harvester of propagation material.

Which documents are required?

Information on the name of the company, the legal form, the address, the telephone number, the e-mail address, the name of the responsible person according to the FoVG, the professional qualification of the responsible person.

Whether further documents are required depends on the type of operation.

What are the fees?

Fee: 120,00 - 650,00 EUR
Payment in advance: No
According to Annex 1 to § 1 paragraph 1 of the General Schedule of Fees of the State of Lower Saxony No. 95.4.5, the amount of the fees depends on the time required.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

You must register the establishment within one month of the start of the operation.

Processing duration

maximum 3 months

Applications / forms

Informal written application via the contact form of the electronic harvest approval register


An action against the decision may be brought before the competent administrative court within one month of notification.

What else should I know?

Registered forest seed and forest plant holdings are obliged to keep separate accounts in accordance with the Forest Reproductive Material Act (FoVG) and the Forest Reproductive Material Implementation Ordinance (FoVDV). This must be kept for 10 years.

The farms (land, business premises, business premises and means of transport) can be entered by employees of the State Office for Forest Reproductive Material at any time during business hours. Employees can carry out inspections, take samples and view business documents.

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)