Please enter a search term.

Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Building template authorization

In the case of a construction project subject to approval, the draftsman (person entitled to submit building documents) bears a great deal of responsibility. Both the building application and the building templates (e.g. construction drawings and calculations) must be signed by them and submitted to the competent authority. To this end, the design planner must be able to assess whether all building regulations and other requirements have been met.

Who should I contact?

Depending on the professional group, the responsibility lies with:

  • Lower Saxony Chamber of Architects
  • Lower Saxony Chamber of Engineers

This procedure can also be handled by a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.


Whoever is entitled to submit building documents

  • may use the professional title of architect,
  • is entered in the list of persons entitled to submit building documents maintained by the Chamber of Engineers (these can also be engineers who are not members of the Chamber),
  • may use the professional title of interior designer, for the structural changes to buildings associated with the professional task of the interior designer, or
  • may use the professional title of engineer in the fields of architecture, building construction or civil engineering, has worked as an engineer for at least two years and is an employee of a legal entity under public law, for the official activity.

In addition, the following are entitled to submit building documents :

  • Master craftsmen in the masonry, concrete and reinforced concrete construction and carpentry trades as well as persons who are equivalent to them according to Section 7 (3), (7) or (9) of the Crafts Code (HwO), but only for construction measures requiring approval that they can design on the basis of their professional training and experience;
  • state-certified technicians in the field of civil engineering with a focus on building construction, but only for construction measures requiring approval, which they can design on the basis of their professional training and experience.

Which documents are required?

No documents are required.

What are the fees?

Fees are charged in accordance with the costs schedule of the competent authority.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.

What else should I know?

Persons (esp. Engineers) who do not meet the above requirements may be granted permission to submit a building template. Information on this can be obtained from the competent authority (esp. Chamber of Engineers).

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Equality

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)