Please enter a search term.

Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Bar Admission to the bar Granting of European lawyers as in-house lawyers

As a European lawyer, you can be admitted to the bar as an in-house lawyer.

Who should I contact?

The jurisdiction lies with the Bar Association.

This procedure can also be carried out through a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by municipalities and the state for service providers.

Which documents are required?

  • List of cases pursuant to Section 12 of the Act on the Activities of European Lawyers in Germany (EuRAG) with information on file number, subject, period, type and scope of the activity, state of affairs of the cases handled by the applicant under German law,
  • a copy or a certified copy of the employment contract or contracts;
  • job description signed by the employer and the applicant,
  • the competent authority may require the submission of further evidence.


What are the fees?

Fees are charged in accordance with § 39 EuRAG and § 192 Bundesrechtsanwaltsordnung (BRAO) in conjunction with the fee regulations of the competent authority.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry of Justice

Professionally released on



List ID 838 (whitelist; Status: 13.09.2018)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)